IBB: When It Comes To Corruption, I Am A Saint




 
 
Former Military President, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida (rtd), has described himself as a ‘saint’ given the level of corruption that pervades the Nigerian society today, Vanguard reports.

Babangida who was speaking to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) quarterly magazine, Zero Tolerance said those who criticised his government then did so out of ignorance.

The gap-toothed general also called IBB scored his regime high in economic management during the eight-year period of his administration, saying he worked to stamp out corruption while in power.

He claimed his government managed the economy creditably and left enough money in the government coffers ($7 billion oil revenue) compared to what is being earned by the present administration.

He said: “Maybe I have to accept that but anybody with a sense of fairness has no option but to call us saints. I give you an example, in a year; I was making less than $7 billion in oil revenue but in the same period there were governments that were making between $200 billion and $300 billion.



“With $7 billion, I did the best I could but with $200 billion there is still a lot to be achieved. I don’t have all the facts but if what I read in the papers is what is currently happening, then I think we were saints.

He opined that he is the most investigated former president in Nigeria but nothing incriminating had been found against him.

Babangida recently had a closed door meeting in Minna with President Goodluck Jonathan, where he urged all Nigerians, who mean well for the country, to support the President.
IBB: When It Comes To Corruption, I Am A Saint IBB: When It Comes To Corruption, I Am A Saint Reviewed by Unknown on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 Rating: 5

No comments:

Gallery

Powered by Blogger.