Arsenal Confirm Paulista Deal, Campbell Loaned To Villarreal



Gabriel Paulista is Arsenal's Second Signing of the Winter Transfer Window. Image: Getty.

Arsenal have completed the long-awaited signing of Gabriel Paulista from Villarreal in a deal which will see Costa Rican striker Joel Campbell move the opposite direction for the rest of the season.


Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger disclosed on Monday that the highly-rated Brazilian defender has been granted a work permit. He completed transfer formalities on Wednesday in a deal reportedly worth £15m.
“A while ago I had a really huge desire to play in the Premier League, so since that point I put it in my head that I really wanted to do it,” the 24-year-old centre-back, who can also play on the flanks, told the club’s official website. “I had a talk with my family and I told them that it was my dream to play in the Premier League. Getting here to such a big club is so gratifying.

“I am arriving at a big club and the fans can expect to find a Gabriel with a great will to help everyone. Not just thinking of me as an individual, because to me that is not important. I care more about helping the team and my team-mates. I want to help everyone, so the fans can expect a Gabriel that on the field has a lot of will to be able to help the team win important things.”
Paulista joined Villarreal in 2013 from Brazilian club Vitoria, where he made a total of 141 appearances in all competitions.
The move has seen Campbell join the ‘Yellow Submarines’ until the end of the season. The Gunners adds that Campbell penned a new long-term deal at the Emirates Stadium before jetting out “to gain more valuable first-team experience”.
Campbell joined Arsenal from Costa Rican club Deportivo Saprissa SAD, and is fresh into his fourth loan stint after playing for French Ligue 1 club FC Lorient, Spanish side Real Betis and Greek club Olympiakos.
The Costa Rican helped his country reach the quarter-finals of the Fifa World Cup last year. He has made three starts for the Premier League club this season as well as seven substitute appearances.

Arsenal Confirm Paulista Deal, Campbell Loaned To Villarreal Arsenal Confirm Paulista Deal, Campbell Loaned To Villarreal Reviewed by Unknown on Thursday, January 29, 2015 Rating: 5

No comments:

Gallery

Powered by Blogger.