2015 Elections: I Consulted With Pastor Adeboye – Osinbajo Discloses





Speaking in a recent interview with Punch, Osinbajo disclosed how he consulted with the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), before getting involved in public service.


“I serve under the GO of the RCCG as a pastor. If I am going to take any kind of action, especially an action that involves public service, it is my duty to consult with him. It would be absolutely irresponsible of me not to consult with him. And I have consulted with him.
“I have consulted with Adeboye fully. I am not prepared to share with you the details of our discussion. But be absolutely certain that I would not take these steps without properly consulting with him and that I did what was needful,” Osinbajo said.
READ ALSO: Awolowo’s Wife Declares Support For Osinbanjo
Speaking on whether he was endorsed by the RCCG, he said: “the church does not endorse candidates. The General Overseer of the church, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has not said any such thing. He has not issued any statement. In any event, the RCCG as a church cannot endorse a candidate. How can a church endorse a candidate?”
Asked whether God revealed his victory he replied: 


“That’s the point I’ve been trying to make to you. It is not about winning. That is not what I am interested in. What I am interested in is not what God says about winning or losing. I am not asking Him for, as it were, a lottery. If we were going to play a game, then I could say, ‘O Lord, will I win or lose?’ That’s not the point. The point is will I serve the people or will I not? That’s the only issue I need to consider and I don’t need any special directive on that because that is what God has already said we must do as believers.”


He however refused to disclose what God told him.
He added that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) would really have to rise up to its responsibilities as the coming elections are very important for the future of the nation, while adding that the distribution of the Permanent Voter Cards has not shown INEC in a very good light.
“I think INEC really has a duty to this nation, to ensure that things are done properly this time,” he explained.

Osinbanjo recently called on Nigerians not to vote for President Goodluck Jonathan, if they don’t want to live in poverty.
On Tuesday December 30, 2014 he said the reason he went into politics is to serve ordinary citizens of Nigeria.

2015 Elections: I Consulted With Pastor Adeboye – Osinbajo Discloses 2015 Elections: I Consulted With Pastor Adeboye – Osinbajo Discloses Reviewed by Unknown on Monday, January 05, 2015 Rating: 5

No comments:

Gallery

Powered by Blogger.